Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day Recap

For some reason holidays to me become about the food and Valentine's Day is no different. With one big exception instead of asking myself what do I want? I think what does he want?... Then goes back to  what new recipe can I try what have I not made him before? well, what is his favorite foods?... Okay so I thought about it and came up with two things I've never made and he loves ....
Before I share just given everyone my husbands two cents.....
My love hates  holidays in general hates that the focus on everything is what did you get me 'what did you buy me, he hates that all holidays are so commercialized and I understand his point he thinks you should not need a special day to show the loved ones in your life how much you care you show them all through out the year and he's pretty good at showing me he cares he has flaws but so do I lots of them and I'll be the first to point them all out loud and clear doesn't mean I'm changing....its me its just who I am..as I say to my kids "I'm the mama gotta love me," stold that from baby dinosaur from the TV sitcom Dinosaurs
Okay before I go on and on I am going to admit one of my flaws that goes with everything I just said ....aheem!! My first thought for Valentine's Day was not what does he want? it was...what do I want? ha I'm guilty so guilty ... Chocolate lots of chocolate that was the answer!!!! So breakfast was Triple Chocolate Muffins oh yay and they where definitely for me here's the recipe link I would of took a picture but between me and my three goblins all 12 were gone before I could say snap
http://grandmotherskitchen.org/recipes/chocolate-cupcakes.html
These chocolate muffins ..( I know it say cupcakes but if it doesn't have frosting I dont call it a cupcake).... were so easy and soooo sooo good!

And for My Love
She Crab Soup ...Yes soup no big huge 7 course dinner... my love is very easy to please when it comes to food he is a picky eater but he knows what he likes and he loves She Crab Soup
Now I kind of did a combination of recipes but I'll share the link with y'all and you can tinker with them too
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/south-carolina-she-crab-soup/

http://www.charminginns.com/blog/she-crab-soup-recipe/


This was a huge success with the youngins too


Saved the best for last
Homemade Cannoli
Recipe and instructions came from
http://parsleysagesweet.com/2009/11/27/leave-the-gun-take-the-cannoli/






They were the best Cannoli we've ever had the only problem with taking the time to make them is ..
He has already asked for me to make more

No comments:

Post a Comment