Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hump Day Hookerry "Crochet Beginnings"

When did I start Crocheting?

This involves a jealous competitive sister yes, that sister was me, I was always the crafty thing the girl who took sewing in school and wanted to...Well my sister was musically inclined.. Me and my sister have never been extremely close but when she got pregnant with her first and I found out I was pregnant with my third at the same time we had something in common so we were talking every week to each other (since we maybe talk once a month in phone call or text you see this is unusual behavior :) )...but it was a special time..well my sister never the crafty homemaking type was talking to me one day she said I got a "learn how to crochet book" I'm going to crochet a blanket for my baby..I was knocked off the wall shocked..then this feeling of on my goodness you cant do that...that is my thing you cant become crafty :).. well I ran out that day and got a "learn how to crochet book" too.. there was no way she was going to beat me at my thing (Yes, I'm horrible see why we don't talk much.. I have that mean streak) To sum it up I learned how to crochet out of pure rivalry

My First Crochet Project was a BABY SWEATER (There's no way I could of done a blanket :) have to be different)



this project was 11 years ago and just to let ya know I fell in love with the hook and am so thankful for that little fire that burns in me because I never would of discovered the world of crochet without it my sister gets bombarded with my projects through text now and she told me the other day she tried to pick up a hook and could not remember the first thing to do of course that made me just a little gloaty

These are some more projects  made for my daughter 2 maybe 3 years ago

She picked all the colors I let her have free range
I'm not as adventurous with colors!!




The pattern for the poncho can be found here


Yes I would of picked the colors in the pattern
but it wasn't for me no no 

No comments:

Post a Comment