Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday-Monday Recipes ba-da-ba-da-da-da

Monday AHHHH!!
No, I did not know that today"MONDAY" that one of the Sky Rim add ons are coming out but why do we have to have a two hour conversation about it instead of doing school???? The boys are driving me bonkers,"no, I'm not taking you to Game Stop" "well how about Best Buy?" " no, I am not going to Best Buy!" I am not buying any games I don't want to know what is in the add ons or how many add ons there are or what would be cool if they did this or that PLEASE just be quiet open your books and do your work...
Mamas & The Papas Monday, Monday Lyrics
Songwriters: PHILLIPS, JOHN EDMUND ANDREW

Ba-da ba-da-da-da
Ba-da ba-da-da-da
Ba-daba-da-da-da

Monday, monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
So good to me (ba-daba-da-da-da)
Monday mornin, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh monday mornin, monday mornin couldnt guarantee (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
That monday evenin you would still be here with me

Monday, monday, can't trust that day
Monday, monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh monday mornin you gave me no warnin of what was to be
Oh monday, monday, how could you leave and not take me

Every other day (every other day), every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever monday comes, but whenever monday comes
A-you can find me cryin all of the time

Monday, monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
So good to me (ba-daba-da-da-da)
Monday mornin, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh monday mornin, monday mornin couldnt guarantee
That monday evenin you would still be here with me

Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever monday comes, but whenever monday comes
You can find me cryin all of the time

Monday, monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
So good to me (ba-daba-da-da-da)
Monday mornin, it was all I hoped it would be
Oh monday mornin, monday mornin couldnt guarantee
That monday evenin you would still be here with me

Every other day, every other day
Every other day of the week is fine, yeah
But whenever monday comes, but whenever monday comes
You can find me cryin all of the time

Monday, monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
Cant trust that day (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
Monday, monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
It just turns out that way (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
Whoa, monday, monday, wont go away (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
Monday, monday, it's here to stay (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
Oh monday, monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
Oh monday, monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da)
Monday, Monday lyrics © Universal Music Publishing Group

I don't know what it is about Monday's of course Ox goes back to work and I don't ever know how long he'll be there and school has to start back and there is no guarantee of normalcy there ...When it says every other day of the week is fine ...I just have to remember that line
Do I have any recipes to post, yes I do, I'm sorry about my little rant

Chocolate-Chocolate Chunk Muffins

Ingredients:

¾ stick (6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped, divided
2 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, sifted
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1¼ cups buttermilk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Directions:

1. Center a rack in the oven and preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter or spray the 12 molds in a regular-size muffin pan or fit with paper muffin cups. Place the muffin pan on a baking sheet.
2. Melt the butter and half the chopped chocolate together in a bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from the heat.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk the buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract together until well combined. Pour the liquid ingredients and the melted butter and chocolate over the dry ingredients and, with the whisk or a rubber spatula, gently but quickly stir to blend. Do not over mix the batter. Stir in the remaining chopped chocolate. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups.
4. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until a thin knife inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a rack and cool for 5 minutes before carefully removing each muffin from its mold

**Things I changed because I didn't have all the correct ingredients I used salted butter so I omitted the salt


You will want to check her site out too she is having an awesome give away for her sixth anniversary... I am not participating for the reasons of I don't have facebook, don't have twitter, don't have pinterest, thinking I won't have much of a chance but that's okay I have big reasons why I don't have these things and have a much happier life without them granted pinterest would be fun but the last time I tried to join I found out I had to have facebook what's up with that?** UPDATE I can PIN through email that's a good thing**



Well I successfully made a crepe...One goal crossed off my list




I used a basic recipe from all recipes http://allrecipes.com/recipe/basic-crepes/

When I started making them and they were turning out I had that happy giddy moment of success and then there was the, now what?" crepes have to have a filling think, think what am I going to make then I remembered there were apples that needed to be used up so I made spiced apples

Here's my recipe for that

Spiced Apples

I used two apples sliced mediumish I like my apples a little chunky and not mushy when cooked
3 tablespoons of butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons cinnamon (you can use less I like cinnamon)
1 dash of all spice
Instructions:
put all ingredients in a frying pan over medium heat, give it a stir, cover for the first 10 minutes or so stir every now and then, turn the heat down if at any time the apples are sticking, the covering of the apples in the pan should steam the apples and keep all the yumminess inside, then uncover for about 5 minutes till the juices become syrupy

I filled the crepes with the spiced apples added a little syrup from the apples on top and dusted with powdered sugar and cinnamon and served with cream ...these were so good my husband gave them the name "Apple Pie Crepes" he said they reminded him of a slice of warm apple pie

No comments:

Post a Comment