Monday, February 4, 2013

Recipe Monday

Sour Cream Pancakes
were my choice for Sunday Pancakes




I always use this recipe from Smitten Kitchen I love her blog you should have a looker well your at the recipe


Edna Mae’s Sour Cream Pancakes
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman Cooks 
7 tablespoons all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/ 2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sour cream
2 large eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Butter
Maple syrup
I'm not much of an instruction person I just mix the dry and the wet ingredients and add together cook like any other pancake, On Sundays I'm in a laid back mood so I just go with it



MUFFIN MONDAY
We were doing Muffin Mondays before we moved the kiddos enjoyed it but the move kind of threw my schedule out of whack this morning I actually got up and made muffins I went with a carrot cake type muffin (just for every one to know carrot cake is my first choice when it comes to any dessert bar) I had some carrots that needed to be used up in the fridge so pulled those out ran them through the food processor and than started combining recipes
this is the one I started with
I did not use the cream cheese frosting even though it would of been really good I didn't want all the extra sugar (there is already a full cup in the batter I might try substituting it with honey and applesauce next time) and fat from the cheese in a breakfast muffin... I did not have any veggie oil so I used half butter and half olive oil instead I added cardamon because I LOVE it and added raisins... these muffins were really really good but I will try to make them healthier next time

 
Carrot Muffin Recipe
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cardamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup raisins

I just add the dry ingredients stir together than add the wet whisk together than fold in carrots and raisins  scoop into muffin pan bake at 350 for 20 min made 12 regular size muffins


No comments:

Post a Comment