Wednesday, March 13, 2013

"IRISH BLESSINGS" Hump Day Hookerry


 
I'm Not Irish, somewhere in my smorgasbord of genes possibly maybe
..Wishful Thinking ..
I have Dutch, German, English, Swedish,and I think its Scottish
so why not a little Irish
My Ox has French and English and some other nationalities, not sure, so my kids are worse off than me on trying to categorize where there from I make it easy for them and say your American you are a
MELTING POT








Ireland
History and Relics

Entrancing











Celtic Women




OF COURSE WE CAN'T FORGET IRISH CROCHET
isn't it lovely

       Irish Crochet wedding dress, from the UK Knitting and Crochet Guild's wonderful collection

   

 Irish lace has always been an important part of the Irish needlework tradition. When times were hard, women had to find ways of supporting their family. This was particularly true during and after the great potato famine of the 1840s During that time period, most women could do needlework, so it was only a short step to lace-making. Irish Crochet and Tatting traveled particularly well as equipment needed was simple, a ball of cotton and a shuttle for Tatting and simple crochet hook and cotton for Irish Crochet lace



Now to Show you What this has all been leading up to
What I've been working on for weeks now, slaving over pulling my hair out over, deciphering what patterns to use, how to connect it together, where to connect it, how many chains, how long should it be, oh my goodness its been nerve racking having the design in my head and no pattern and promising they would be ready by St. Patrick's Day as you know its been trial and error taking apart and putting together and of course going to one yarn store after another trying to find the size and color of yarn needed. I kind of did a bleep, bleep, bleep a couple of times and a why did I ever decide to do this more than a couple ..but you ask was it worth it ...Holy Toledos!!!  Yes, Yes, Yes!!!


SURPRISE

My St.Patrick's Day Crochet Panties


 
 


Well no modeling of these Patty Panties today maybe tomorrow for my life moments I'll share photos ...and hopefully I will have permission to tell the story of the panties and who the lucky owner will be

No comments:

Post a Comment