Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Monday Recipes

Something has hit me like a mack truck and I am sick not just a tiny sick a whole hornets nest sick yesterday I didn't want to do anything but still accomplished 6 loads of laundry, dusting of the ceiling fans, a general scrubbing of the bathrooms, and cleaning out of the fridge and ...a terrible rant text to my husband but I'm not very happy about that one, also cooked a pretty good dinner of Salisbury steak that I tried to eat but couldn't the sickness was making me queasy even though I was starving the food smelled so good...the steak was supposed to have cream of mushroom soup as the base of the gravy..but...I wasn't running to the store I knew I couldn't be less than five minutes from the bathroom all day so the steak didn't have the cream of mushroom soup in the gravy... Ox said it didn't need the can of cream of mushroom my homemade gravy was way better ..don't know if that was true or if he was just being nice due to me being drop dead sick.... once I feel better I'll remake it and see if its any good before I post the recipe...


So I have figured out in my house its easier to assign things to cook on certain days so I don't have to think about it I have all ready shared how Sunday Pancakes had started going back to my childhood than ...Waffle Wednesday started because I was dieing for a waffle maker and my husband said if I buy this for you it better be used and not shoved in a cabinet never to be seen again so I kept my word by using it once a week ...well than came Muffin Monday it has been my way to incorporate fruits dried and fresh and bran and also flax seed to try to have my kids get some extra things in there diet if its in muffin form I found out they'll eat it .. and just recently French Toast Friday was started... Stitch asked for french toast a little while ago and said I love these you need to make these every week that sounded good to me so French Toast Friday began..Tuesday and Thursday we do eggs and something could be toast or grits but you get the picture I have breakfast covered and don't have to go what are we having today ...Saturdays usually are homemade biscuits but not every sometimes I'm lazy



Sunday a Kid Favorite
Chocolate Chip Pancakes

From http://joythebaker.com/2008/12/milk-chocolate-chip-buttermilk-pancakes/

Milk Chocolate Buttermilk Pancakes
adapted from BlogChef


makes lots, enough for four people.

2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups buttermilk
4 tablespoons butter, melted and cooled
½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips (depending on how chippy you feel)
oil or cooking spray (for cooking)
Step 1: In a large bowl beat eggs. Add buttermilk, butter and vanilla and mix well. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well until mostly smooth. Fold in chocolate chips and let batter set for a few minutes.
Step 2: Heat griddle or pan over medium heat. Add a teaspoon of oil to the pan or spray with cooking spray. You can test to see if the pan is hot enough by adding a few drops of water, ifor when the drops start to dance its hot enough.
Step 3: Pour 2 Tablespoons of batter onto the griddle. Cook on the first side until bubbles that form start to pop. You can also gently lift up the pancake to make sure the bottom is not overcooking, if it is the pan may be too hot and you will need to adjust the heat. Flip the pancake over with a spatula and cook until golden brown. Repeat until all the batter is gone. Let cooked pancakes rest on a heat proof plate in a 200 degree F oven until ready to serve.


Waffle Wednesday
This is my favorite basic waffle recipe

WAFFLES
2 eggs
 2 cups all-purpose flour
 1 3/4 cups milk
 1/2 cup vegetable oil
 1 tablespoon white sugar
 4 teaspoons baking powder
 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions
  1. Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
  2. Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Serve hot.

FRENCH TOAST FRIDAY
My Recipe for French Toast which is as basic as it comes
One Loaf of the Cheap White Bread**
** I hate White Bread but this is the only kind of bread I use for French Toast I've tried others white is what I like
I use a shallow glass Pie Plate to mix in it works best because the bread isn't floating in the egg mixture
Lots of butter for frying  in our frying pan on med low

Egg Mixture
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons of sugar
dash on cinnamon or nutmeg I've also used all spice in a pinch
1 teas Vanilla extract
give the mixture a whirl with a whisk
take a piece of bread dunk one side and flip dunk the other side in egg mixture pull up and hold over bowl for a sec I do this just so I don't have a trail of drippings from the bowl to the pan  lay the bread in the pan cook till golden brown flip and turn to the other side and do the same that's it quick and easy

So there ya have it ..a little peak into my routine...of course Just Like the Pancakes The Waffles and The Muffins are never the same each week because what fun is THAT??

No comments:

Post a Comment