Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Out of Yarn, OH MY!!!

Ran out of yarn my ever fateful dilemma that always happens to Mau ....so half way through my crochet cowl the inevitable happens.. I'm out!!!!... there's no more... What did I do... how did this happen well girly(you got yourself in a pickle) you've worked with caron soft yarn plenty of times think about it (you made a full size afghan with that stuff)... caron is what the pattern used...you absolutely know there is 6 oz. of yarn on the caron and guess what your lovely wool only has 3.5oz. so of course your going to run out....Think! Think! oh we need sugar we need coffee okay plan hey dear lovely Ox I need to run to Sam's to pick up a few things "I'll go with you" said Ox (not the plan my crafts and his time don't mix) walking through Sam's... is he in a good mood... lets shoot for it.."oh my most wonderful husband, since we are out can I pick up some yarn to finish my cowl"... he figured out my plan the minute I asked but to my astonishment he said "yes" so the closest craft store Hobby Lobby I better not push my luck we go in I see he is already agitated just find some wool girl go neutral it will go with the pink you can make it work of course still that takes time and the first thing Mr. Ox picks out is redheart not just any (redheart soft is actually ok) but the cheap redheart the cheapest yarn in the store I gave him a look and he backed off for a few watching me look and feel and even yes rub on my arm for the feel if its not soft or if its itchy it will not do he rolled his eyes and I grabbed two neutral wool yarns as fast as possible and hop skipped jumped out of there before he said they don't have anything you want lets go.. I knew I could not dare ask to go down the road to Joann's or Michael's sometimes you just got to go with what you can get... Picture Update on the Cowl I still love it

No comments:

Post a Comment