Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Reconciling With the Yarn

I was completely engrossed with my yarn problem (remember that crochet cable blanket I started and not having any place to buy the yarn ..well it looks like that yarn is getting discontinued)...I guess I should start from my side yes my point I do have a point ( My Ox would not of agreed to this crazy idea but he was at a temporary job for 6 months so what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him  i.e. he got the permanent that's why we moved)..when I started my cable blanket it took me weeks to decide on the perfect color the perfect yarn I have done most of my projects with cheaper yarn not spending a lot on any one well I found my yarn the one I wanted yes more expensive than what I usually use but I figured I could just buy as I go yes I know I'm crazy not to buy all the yarn at once for each project but my routine to save money was to collect my Hancock, Joann and Michael's coupons go to Micheal's (they all accept competitors coupons) grab the amount of yarn I have to the number of coupons I have ... and yes if they got picky I would just line my kiddos up with cash, yarn and a coupon ..yup I'm crazy but depending on who was working some would say one coupon per customer than if I had my kiddos I could have four get the picture I'm crazy and that's what they thought too but they got used to it so I was getting the yarn I chose for 40-50% off .. now as I explained earlier in other posts there are 4 major craft stores here and none of them carry my yarn looked online and yes I could get it at one store out of 10 that I looked at but it would be FULL price I cringed I knew my hubby would not go there.." but my dear I NEED yarn PLEASE" so we head out to ACMoore they don't have one of those where we used to live so of course I wanted to look at every isle my husband saw my excitement in my eyes and nudged me and pointed to the the directional red and white sign hanging from the ceiling that said YARN my face looked like a lost puppy dog he nudged again and pointed I was like all right so I looked at there yarn selection going up and down there 3 isles a gazillion times for about 30 minutes can you imagine my hubby I still get a giggle thinking about it finally he said that's it lets go so we actually started walking out and he grabbed a yarn from the 1 yarn isle running east and west (I was walking the 3 north and south isles) he said this color is close to what you were working with go get a cart there was only 7 skeins left so I looked and found some other colors that would work and bought 15 skeins total of yarn and walking out of the store my Ox says "this is how your supposed to do it"





Its Vanna's Choice Lion Brand Yarn -- of course not exactly what I wanted but the colors are nice and it will be more durable than the other yarn I chose and the best thing I don't need any yarn I have enough to complete my project


I took a picture when I got home and yes its pretty close in color a little darker



How does it compare to the other yarn well I will have to say its a considerable size difference

New yarn on left old on right

What will I do with the other yarn?? Use it of course I have all ready gone googling for projects for this yarn and have plenty of ideas stored up in this crazy brain of mine

This is the first project I started with my first unraveled square

Oh!!Yes!! its another scarf a gorgeous lacy sophisticated scarf when I saw it my wanties were beyond explainable 1 foot down 4 to go if y'all are interested  in the pattern it comes from this great lady

No comments:

Post a Comment