Monday, January 21, 2013

Recipe Monday

Oh My!! It's been a crazy weekend I've got so many projects to show you but yes today is recipe day I completely forgot to take pictures...hint things were all eaten before I thought of it... but I did get one of the grand finale. Ive had my whole family sick with in the last week including Ox who of course wants to be babied and I am not a nurturer I would not be a good nurse. So to keep my sanity I cooked instead Friday I made brownies http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-Brownies/Detail.aspx (you'll get used to allrecipes I use them a lot they're a good all around recipe site) These brownies were the best I've ever made and they stayed soft the next day and did not turn into rocks an awesome yummy brownie.

Best Brownies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Brownie Frosting
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.
In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.
Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.
To Make Frosting: Combine 3 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons cocoa, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 cup confectioners' sugar, frost brownies while they are warm.

Cabbage
I made a freezer slaw too I had some cabbage left over from when Ox wanted sauteed cabbage but me and Ox are the only ones who eat it so I thought I'd try a new recipe with the other half of the head I really liked that it was vinegar based no mayo it will work perfect for picnics or potlucks, places you pould't be able to refrigerate a mayo based slaw I just winged it and made mine to sweet for my preference I will be trying other spices and messing with this recipe till I get it right

Freezer Slaw

1/2 head of cabbage
1/2 onion
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon celery seed
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
salt and pepper to taste


Sunday Morning Pancakes were a huge success. Ox has never got on board with the pancake idea sometimes he'll eat them sometimes he just stays in bed till breakfast is over, but yesterday he surprised me and said, "these are really good". Also I was out of buttermilk so they didn't have buttermilk which is a big no no in his eyes so they must of been good

Oatmeal Pecan Pancakes

I put everything in the food processor 1/2 cup of oats first and turned it on till I got oat flour than I added the rest of the ingredients except pecans

1/2 cup of oats
1/2 cup of flour
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg
3 tablespoons of melted butter
mix in food processor till smooth than throw in 1/2 cup of pecans and process for like 5 secs
than you cook them up on a griddle this recipe made 10 small pancakes


GRAND FINALE


Sunday I also made these






Cinnamon Swirl Rounds - Kitchenaid Cookbook

BASIC SWEET DOUGH
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup butter
3 teaspoons dry yeast
1/3 cup warm water
3 eggs, at room temp
5 1/2-6 1/2 cups flour
FILLING MIXTURE
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
1/2 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
CARAMEL GLAZE
1/3 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
MAKE DOUGH:
Combine milk, sugar, salt, and butter in small saucepan. heat over low heat until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
Cool to lukewarm.
Dissolve yeast in warm water in warmed bowl.
Add lukewarm milk mixture, eggs, and 5 cups flour.
With dough hook mix 2 minutes at speed 2.
Continuing on speed 2, add remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until dough clings to hook and cleans sides of bowl, about 2 minutes.
Knead on speed 2 for 2 more minutes.
Place in a greased bowl, turning to grease top.
Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
Punch dough down and shape as desired for rolls or coffee cakes.
FILLING MIXTURE:.
Place filling ingredients in bowl. Mix with flat beater at speed 2 for 1 minute.
Roll dough to a 10 x 30 x 1/4 inch rectangle.
Spread mixture evenly on dough. Roll dough tightly from long side to form 30-inch roll, pinching seam together. Cut into twenty one 1 1/2-inch slices.
Place 7 rolls each in 3 greased 8 x 1 1/2-inch cake pans. Cover; let rise in warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
Bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately. Spread caramel glaze over warm rolls.
CARAMEL GLAZE:
Combine milk and brown sugar in small saucepan. Over medium heat, cook, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to boil.
Place milk mixture, powdered sugar, and vanilla in bowl. Beat with flat beater at speed 4 until creamy, about 2 minutes.





I did not put the caramel glaze on them Ox dislikes toppings on his cinnamon rolls just a little melted butter and he's in heaven
 I prefer cream cheese frosting on mine but I didn't have any cream cheese on hand





No comments:

Post a Comment