Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday Life Moment's DMV

I will have to say my biggest life moment this week is about ME!!! Surprised, me too. Let me start from November last year, my husband officially got the permanent job here starting in December we agreed then, that I would stay at the house till it sold or till April we weren't sure...me and my husband had already been apart for 4 months by then so I was not happy about this decision so December rolls around, he had been up to the house for Thanksgiving, over the next two weeks which seemed like the longest period of our separation he said that's it you are moving(house not sold house still not sold),on our Anniversary so the 16th of Dec. --We were so ready to be together again I was at wit ends we were not going to apart for any longer I had, had it and he had too! He threw in on an ending conversation by the way to switch your license here to this state you have to take a TEST "CLICK"....So for the last 2 months I have been mulling over the word TEST... this week I had to accrue enough courage to walk into the DMV and switch my drivers license from one state to another. I was running out of legal time and was being forced to get my license changed if I wanted to continue driving....I know I know in all sanity I'm being ridiculous you read this and think ""What is wrong with this girl??? What is so hard about getting your driver's license??""...It is not the drivers license, people, it is not the driving, IT is what goes through my head during the procrastination period. I will go ahead with my DMV outing starting with what I'm thinking when walking through the door , I am required to walk through the door and talk to someone actually talk to someone and tell them what I am there for?? (freaking out at this moment) YES I actually have to walk up to someone and open my lips and tell them what I need and find three different forms of identification and proof of residency (so even though this is only a few pieces of paper I had this 100 item list conjuring up in my head)... and even though my husband was sweet and put everything in a nice envelope for me I still stumbled and papers flew and I turned red and almost cried from anxiety well people were waiting for me to move along can I scream now...so this went on. to take a number, and please sit out in the lobby, and wait for your number to be called (my mind is saying, oh my gosh I have to go out there where everyone just saw me stumble over my words and my paperwork and sit with them) can I scream OK I'm sitting, my husband is talking to me, he's right next to me, and I am so nervous by this point I didn't comprehend anything he was saying. My EYES were playing tricks they were blurring in and out I knew I was in trouble, this was pure undeniable torment, Ox was looking at me like he had said something and I was supposed to be responding back. He had all ready gone through this he's done with what I call AGONY (he would call life) his version is he walks in and has no sitting, no waiting, just one station to the other and of course flies right through and walks out gallantly saying your turn .....you could tell he was grinning at me while I was about to scream cause he knows what I'm like...I am feeling I have to go pee yes bathroom have to pee well I was waiting the bathroom is 5 feet away I tell my husband, "I'm going to the bathroom!" he looks at me and says, "no your not your number is next" "I have to pee!!" don't ask if I said that out loud I really couldn't tell you ...but of course he's being unrelenting , "your not going your number is next" can I scream (of course looking back in all actuality he would of probably had to drag me out of the bathroom kicking and screaming if I would of gone) My number blinks in red and is announced over the loud speaker my butt is glued to the seat I can't move at this point in time honey if you could just push this seat with me in it across the room I'll go My husband looks at me and says, "That's your number go!" so I reluctantly put one foot in front of the other and walk to station 6..I sit down in front of the nice lady across the desk and she asks me AGAIN "what I am there for??" Really I have to be put through this misery again can I scream  I'm thinking you have MY out of state drivers license in front of you with all my paperwork you couldn't come to the conclusion that I want a drivers licence from your state 
(granted I failed to mention that I did not have anything officially showing my residency everything was turned on in my husband's name cable, electric, water all I had was a piece of junk mail that had my name with our new address on it I didn't even open it we had checked the mail on the way to get our drivers licenses he pulled the letter from the stack of mail and said this should work the first time through the officer informed me that, that does not show residency but I could pay 2.00 and sign a paper saying that's my new address) I was thinking Ill pay 200.00 dollars as long as I don't have to do this again So needless to say I held my composure with the nice lady and went through my spill again and she made me open up my junk mail (she was trying to help me out) but my face was red as a lobster my hands shaking and the piece of junk mail ,was just that, not anything that showed my residency but she accepted it and said don't worry about the 2 bucks she must of noticed my dismay ...now on to the most convoluted part of all the dreaded eye test this state has the sign and eye test in one (the last time I switched licenses I did not pass the eye test I had to go and pay for a new eye exam and go all the way back through the process to show them I could SEE as I noted earlier my eyes were all ready having issues I have a lazy eye and an astigmatism in both eyes and one is near sided and one is far sided and when I get nervous my eyes just like to shut down there is no other word for it I have to blink continually to keep my gall darn contacts from floating out of focus I wore my contacts for LOOKS why I don't know my glasses would of looked better that day than watching me blink a thousand times a minute I think my eyes were blinking in rhythm with my heart beat that was beating outside my chest) the eye test went well, some of the signs did look like they were floating around like bubbles some looked ten feet away and some looked a centimeter from my face but yes I could read them I could see them relief fell over me there was only one line of letters to read  ...one line how neato... yes one...a set for the left and a set for the right eye... (the last time I stuck my head in the eye test binoculars I read all the letters without a hitch and pulled my head out of those stinking binoculars and the lady said what about the left side I said there are no letters on the left side and she informed me to go see a doctor)...so poking my head out and hearing that nice lady say your good was a woo hoo moment....then she opened her mouth why, why couldn't she just let me live in that moment forever but no the torture reappeared and showed its ugly head and the knife went in my back it punctured my lung and I could not breath  the words "your 25 question TEST is next you will have to WAIT, there are no testing cubicles available right now" I wanted to scream it was excruciating ...The word Test just the sound sends my brain through a whirlwind of daunting thoughts that permeate through my body (my brain goes through the controversy of how a test can measure my proficiency or aptitude of anything its a very unilateral controversy) can I scream yes my feelings just intensified the situation all I wanted to do was EVACUATE, I got up from station six (ready to sprint out the building) I turned around my eyes met my husband's my advocate in the lobby all was good at that instant.. I went and sat in my little school like desk and waited for my turn to TEST, one of the computers became free and another officer said ,"is your name on the screen", and there it was blinking in the left hand side of the screen my full name, the computer was waiting for me I just kept saying you cant get 5 wrong you'll be fine but don't get more than 5 wrong I really cannot recollect anything about the test but It must of been satisfactory .. upon getting out of my taped off testing area one of the officers says, "did you pass?" and I said, "Are you testing me again ?" but  I must not of said that I must of said ,"Yes"  so of course he said, "okay take a seat over there and WAIT" a couple of minutes later my picture was taking and a signature was signed after that I had to WAIT again, all the while thinking please let this be over ...for the next available station...I was summoned to the open station paid my 32.00 dollars so I could legally get behind the wheel and explore this lovely state, and got up as fast as I could to leave while hearing the intimidating words protrude from the fuzzy blur behind the desk that I was trying to escape "Your license is good for EIGHT years!!!!" Guess what atrocious thoughts I'll have for the next 8 years....Well getting into the car in the parking lot of the DMV my husband says "I bet your hungry" I said nope, "But I could use a bathroom" So Ox's chosen place to eat was this hole in the wall bar that has really good priced lunch specials..I dart into the bathroom the minute we arrive the toilet seat had been broke off and you could tell it was a pretty rough joint the only thing I could think well squatting was "this bathroom is so much better than the DMV"

No comments:

Post a Comment