Monday, January 14, 2013

Recipe Monday

Thinking Mondays are going to be for recipes my husband has said for years to put all my recipes into one place looks like this would be a good place. I truly enjoy cooking.. despise cleaning up though ...Ox always says "that is what our children are for" he was making a joke but I put it into habit my children rotate dishes out everyday..Sundays we cook pancakes... my father would cook pancakes every Sunday morning when we lived in Georgia it is a childhood memory I hold dear to my heart my daddy was a crazy cook he would not just make regular pancakes.. he had fun with it and would never make the same kind of pancakes twice, it was always something good, or weird, or different,  my mom was a slow riser she would usually come out and turn her nose up to the pancakes well us kids would sit at the table and giggle and devour another pancake we didn't care what he cooked we loved getting out of bed on Sunday mornings and trying what my dad came up with, we would at least try his concoctions ONCE... so about 4 years ago...(I started this tradition) I claimed Sunday as Pancake Sunday it has been a hit at our home too.. granted I'm not as adventurous as my father but we have tried quite a few different pancake recipes through out the years I am going share with y'all some of our family favorites... for me you should always try to have a go to plain pancake recipe... the one I've found that has never failed us,  is from allrecipes  http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Good-Old-Fashioned-Pancakes/


 

Good Old Fashioned Pancakes

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 1/4 cup milk
1 egg
3 tablespoons butter melted

Instructions I just put it all in a bowl and stir well and we are ready to cook some awesome pancakes

HINT: I use BUTTERMILK I highly recommend it for a substitute for the milk if the batter is to thick than throw in a splash of regular milk

No comments:

Post a Comment